Friday, May 08, 2009

Jonah barely survives again

We would have encountered certain doom this afternoon if not for the Jaws Of Life (a.k.a. my kitchen shears). Jonah, having given himself an applesauce and yogurt bath, was ready to get out of his chair. I wasn't about to do that without taking his shirt off first. Much to our horror, it had somehow shrunken through the course of the day and absolutely WOULD NOT come off his head. Trust me, I tried! I'm usually good at these things! By then he was screaming and the importance of preserving his shirt died. So out came the scissors. Yes, my friends, I cut his shirt off of him. 
I know, not so frugal. My justification lies here: the shirt was almost too small (6 months!), had a stain on the front, and the obvious one: It wouldn't come off his head! Something had to go, the shirt or his ears! So if the person who gave him this shirt happens to see this post: I apologize. This shirt had a good long life. You can stone me in the village square. 
After the jaws of life ordeal, we went to dance class. It's one of Jonah's favorite shows. He was staring (and yelling) through the window at Emmy and her class doing warm-ups; until I stepped back to snap a picture. Then he was wondering where I went. 

3 comments:

Ana Steinagel said...

Jayne, I love your blogs. They make us laugh. Thanks for sharing!

Just Jenne said...

I love them too, Jayne. I always go straight to yours after I check the Slade and Ana/Ad blogs, because you are so funny and witty with your words! You should do some kind of a writing/comedic column somewhere. :)
Thanks, also Jayne, for doing the Sladeblog book, even though it was for Gma. Nette's b-day, I'm sure it was so great for grandpa to see it before he left us. You know, since he was never a real computer guy. Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Oh poor Jonah and his big head :-) I'm very excited for Emmy's recital by the way! Can't wait!