So what was the best part of our vacation?
There's so many 'best' things to choose from.
Was it that Claire and Kate happened to wear matching clothes often?
Was it the fact that for the first time in Jonah's life he had more boys to play with than girls?
Was this little face the best part of the whole trip? Yeah, maybe.
Almost every one in this group is looking at the camera. I'd call that a successful photo.
I love these people. They have adopted me whole heartedly, and my children's blood matches theirs. If there's anything better than belonging to a family, it's belonging to two families.
Even when... well. Enough said.
Point proven?
Do you like how Emmy's enjoying the fading sunshine much more than having her photo taken? I like it.
We put the 'Fun' in disFunctional.
So, back to what I was saying. Was the sand the best part? The fresh air? The sunshine?
Or was the best part of our week simply being together? Even if your three year old is a pill? Yes, we can be together at home, and at family dinners. Is it the same? Not quite. Spending a week in one house with so many families that combine to make one big family? That's something special.
I personally found new things to love about each of them. Things I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
The drive was long. The laundry pile hasn't quite diminished. We're still recovering from all the energy expenditures. But was it worth it? Yes, silly.
I'd leave and do it again right now.





7 comments:
Okay so this is a beautiful post and all and you are a wonderful writer and I love you...but if you don't take that photo of me teaching Emmy a funny face down right now!!!!...well you are just in big trouble young lady. It's horrible! And you didn't explain what I was trying to teach Emmy and my eyes shouldn't be shut. Ugh.
:)
Love this! Sounds like you guys had so much fun!
Oh, and I love that last picture of Katie and Emmy! And Kate, I love your face! ;)
Jayne gave me her password...i'm deleting it. I taught people that funny face at camp, do you remember? It's supposed to be seen from the side...not front :-)
I love that you are part of this weird family. You fit right in:) I enjoyed every minute of our time together. Love ya. And those darling kids!
Weird! WEIRD! I'll have you know it has taken me decades to mold these people into a finely tuned disFUNctional group.
I adore them all...forever.
Post a Comment