Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We Heart Saturdays

There was never anything special about Saturdays growing up. The kids were all homeschooled, my Dad worked in the basement - we were all always home!
Aside from laying out our clothes for church the next morning, it was just another great day.
Now they really mean something.
I get to spend all day with this hunka hunka burnin love. And the kids too, of course. Jonah's getting really brave. A little too brave, actually. This tiny little man has discovered how to push my kitchen chairs over to the counter so he can climb up and get whatever he's after - be it cookie or carving knife. How lovely!
Oh, and he somersaults off the couch.
On purpose.
Over and over again. I don't know where he gets it ;) This Saturday evening we were at Wasatch Mountain State Park with Aunt Katie. It's so beautiful and Green this year! We fed the ravenous ducks. Then we went to an outdoor concert with Papa and Lala at the Homestead Resort. The Artists were called "Girls with Guitars" and they were great! They sang very upbeat songs about lots of different things - they were all four very talented. Especially the fiddler (she prefers that title to Violinist) She's a family friend from Eden! It was fun to see her again, and chat a little afterwards. Jonah found Aunt Katie's sunglasses to be much more entertaining. Saturday is certainly a special day. For lots of reasons.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Sounds like it was a great day. Is that Emmy hanging off the end of the slide on that last slide picture?

Jayne said...

Yes it is! But she's feet first. I did a double take too - it looks like she's headfirst! I had to look at the photo enlarged.

Diana said...

My favorite part of Saturday is that Mac isn't at work. I hate letting him go to work on Monday.