Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Kepsel Gathering

Kepsel's don't make a habit of gathering. It just doesn't happen. They're all spread out over the country, Oregon to Florida, and getting together is just very rare. Which is strange, 'cause we all like each other. But gathering is understandably difficult to do.
But this week it happened! And this is the night we went camping. This lovely young lady is Grandma Jackie, and she gives great hugs.
This is the cleanest Jonah looked the whole evening.
And this was on the road nearby. If it had been any closer to my tent, I may have slept in the party van. Doesn't it seem like that big horn would give him a headache? Morning face! This sleeping bag is the best purchase we've ever made for increasing camping enjoyment. I'd honestly rather sleep in it than in my own bed. I'm not exaggerating. This is the thruthin' truth. It was this little guy's first ever experience camping - and though he does look a little solemn in this photo, he had a great time! He's a trooper.
And oh-my-goodness-beautiful too. Let's hope years don't go by before we do it again!

1 comment:

Diana said...

What fun!

Mac and I have yet to go camping as a married couple- it's pathetic. We've got the tent, but I think we still need a sleeping bag or two. We leave the tent in the trunk though, just in case the mood strikes.