I ran away last week. I threw some clothes, diapers, and kids in the party van and went to my Mom's.
I did stay within the speed limit the whole way there, too.
I was running from my neglected home. My current energy levels are lacking somewhat, and I've found that I've had to choose between being a Mom and a housekeeper. So I've been choosing Mom. And if you had been to my house last week, you would have stopped at the door, turned around, and ran away screaming.
Which is pretty much what I did! Minus the screaming.
When I came home late Sunday night, I came home to a miracle.
My Mother and Sister-In-Law cleaned my house.
Some of you may gasp with shock, but I buckled and cried. Cried because they're so incredibly wonderful. Caleb told me they spent over 5 hours at my home Saturday. And it showed!
The kids were asleep in the van, so we carried them in to bed, then I went around my house in awe, touching all the cleanliness to make sure it was real.
I know I'm being dramatic. Honestly though, there is absolutely nothing in the world that I needed more than a clean house. And I was physically unable to do it. So they did it for me.
Is that MY piano? It couldn't be! There's a reflection there! Where's the dust?
I had been keeping up with the tidying and laundry and basics like that okay, but the real deep down cleaning? Not so much.
When the kids got up the next morning, they went running around giggling! It was so obvious to them too that their once-clean home was back! My kitchen floor is shiny again!
I could go on and on.
As I've gone through my house today and noticed more and more things they cleaned, I've been flip flopping back and forth between total embarrassment, laughter, and overwhelming gratitude. The Gratitude always wins. It's my Mom - it's not like I have anything to hide from her! She's seen worse! (Hmmm.... maybe not...)
I told her I lost all pride with my first pregnancy. I learned to accept the help when I need it. I haven't learned to ask for help yet, but I'm learning to accept it graciously. Learning. Thankfully, she's aware enough of me and my struggles that she doesn't require asking. She's just there, taking care of me.
Heavenly Father sent them to me this week, in answer to my prayers.
How to you thank someone enough for what they did?
I don't know if I will ever be able to.
3 comments:
We're glad your back Jayne. And if you feel up to it let me know when you want to carve some pumpkins! Or if you just need me to bring some already gutted so all you have to do is the carving. :)
Life is Good.
You have wonderful in-laws, Jayne.
Post a Comment