Our pumpkin plant produced one lovely pumpkin this year, and we had a good ol' time digging into it a few nights ago.
This is after she grabbed out the first handful of guts. Carving pumpkins suddenly lost all of it's glorious charm.




Then she got over it and dug right in. Jonah was very interested in the slimy orange pile that was growing in front of him. He explored it thoroughly.
Caleb decided that he needed a pumpkin too, so he and Emmy went to Smith's and (of course) picked the biggest one they could find. Then he mumbled all through cleaning it out "Why do I do this to myself?" (Let the wall behind Jonah be a lesson to you that scotch tape is not strong enough to hold alphabet cards to the wall)
Emmy certainly enjoyed the hugeness of it:) Like her skeleton Jammies? I bought them at the Outlet's earlier that day, and they were for Jonah. But she wanted to wear them and as it turns out they fit her a lot better than him. Happy Halloween to you, Emmy!
The finished masterpieces! Emmy wanted a scary face, and she got it! Jonah wanted me to carve him. "Jonah, what should we make?" "Uhmm... Jonah!" "Okay, you got it"
He has big ears that stick out too, but you can't see them in the dark.
*whew* It's been a while since I posted last! I have a stack of things to write about too. This preggy stuff is messing with my priorities:)
3 comments:
Leland has a pair of skeleton jammies as well. He's going to be an x-ray for halloween. I wish they made them in my size.
Wow Emmy! That's a really pretty bump on your forehead!!!
I Love that smile in the 3rd picture down!
Love you
Post a Comment