Monday, February 01, 2010

Thrift Store Love

First off, let me calm your worries and let you know that Emmy is doing much better today. Not quite 100%, but it seems that it was a 24 hour flu. Or more like an 8 hour flu. Even better, right?
Back to today's post: Last week we went to our favorite St. Lawrence Thrift and picked up a whole slew of books. Here's what we found!
A pile of Berenstain Bears, a bunch of classics - including a few I hadn't read yet, and Emmy found a Madeline puppet. Have you ever read 'No, David!' by David Shannon? It's adorable.
'Humphrey's Bear' wasn't a book I was familiar with, I just recognized the Illustrator from 'George Shrinks', and turns out that this book is destined to be a new favorite around here. Especially since my kids can relate with having a favorite stuffed friend. This is looking pretty cute on their wall. *ahem* I mean it will look pretty cute on their wall once I get around to hanging it.
I'm a sucker for decor that depicts classic children's books, and I love how friendly and peaceful this painting is.
See? What did I tell you?
I found this Wedgwood ceramic light switch cover of Peter Rabbit and instantly fell in love. Especially since it was .50 cents.
Then I got home and remembered that for the last 3 years I have been switching on and off a double light switch. There's a ceiling fan in their room. *sigh* I'm such a dork.
Someday there will be a children's bedroom in my home with a beautiful single light switch.
The Price Tag of the day's adventure? $24.25
For kicks I added up the prices on the backs of the books.
The Retail Price Tag? $219.04

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Everyone needs a copy of The Giver, and Harold and the Purple Crayon. I was also taught to read with the Berenstain Bears books. I'm way jealous of your super finds! I miss Heber.

Nakita Ellis said...

Score! I've only made it over to the thrift store a few times and not in quite a while. Looks like I need to go again and find some treasures.