Monday, March 01, 2010

Oh there you are, springtime!

At 2:30 I put Emmy down for a nap.
At 2:32 I snuck back in to her room with a "Hey Em, want to get up and go for a walk?"
Take a wild guess at what she said!
It's GORGEOUS outside! Wow!
Jonah had to tote a bag of snacks along, since he can't go more than a half hour without eating lately. Sounds like me. And of course Ee-ee had to get in on the fun. She made it back inside with only minor mud splatters. We had a fantastic walk. This is our view of our pretty town - isn't it a great place? We were walking on this road for over an hour, and only 2 cars went by.
I'm not saying we went very far, I'm just saying we were out there for a while. Sticks and rocks and mud and spiders take up a lot of time. When we got home Emmy was determined to swing, but there's still a little too much snow up there. Not that that deterred her. She just got a little wet is all:) And as if my yard happened to be a follower of my blog and had read my recent longings, up sprouted my Crocuses!
It's almost bitter sweet, since I know that they will all probably die in the next few cold days that we have, but they are certainly a thing of joy for the moment.
Excuse me while I go dig through my seed stash to see what I need:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you got a nice warm day to tide you over through march :-) Up until today i've been loving winter and wanting more snow but all of a sudden i'm very ready for spring. Weird :-) Glad ee-ee got out of the house, she was looking a bit peckish ;-)

And thank for using my favorite obscure quote at your title. "Oh there you are Peter!" No one ever gets it. At least i think that's what you were referring too...i'm kind of crazy you know!

Jayne said...

HA! That's totally what I was quoting - I love that you knew that.
Hook is one of Caleb's all time favorite movies.

Unknown said...

Must be a family thing :-) We watched it all the time when we were younger.

Becca said...

I got your reference, too - I'm stretching Winter's face out to see if I can find Spring in there, too. I'm driving up to look at your crocus. Mine are under (I am not exaggerating) 18 inches of icy snow. Brrr.