Saturday, July 31, 2010

Friends, Family, Flotation Devices

Today was the kind of day that you go to bed totally exhausted because you had so much fun.

Names will be hidden to protect the innocent, but They took us boating!! 
I promise we love our dear neighbor friends for many more reasons other than them having a boat. They so totally rock. And we've been friends longer than they have owned a boat, so we're obviously the real kind of friends. 

Am I trying to justify why we went boating? What is this?


The fact is, that we spent the day at the lake with them and my Sister Tess and her family, and it was fabulous.


This photo here is of Me wake boarding. You don't get a closer shot, cause my celestial coloring may blind you, it's that amazing. 
I hadn't been wake boarding since High School and I completely forgot how fun it is!! 

I don't think I had used those muscles since High School either.

What muscles?


My hunky rocked the wake though - this was his first time ever being pulled behind a boat, and he liked it!
He even wants to go again. I know.

He liked it outside the wake much better than inside, like me.

We hogged the boat for a long time. 

Then we got hungry, and that reminded us that it was lunch time, and that reminded us that there was food on the beach, which reminded us that there were people on the beach who also wanted a turn on the boat.

So we went in because we're sweet like that.


And it was fun there too!


I only have these photos because my zoom is crazy incredible, and Caleb's hands are crazy steady. He was using the camera as binoculars to see why they had been stopped for so long in one spot on the other side of the lake.

And this opening of the engine hood explained a lot.

They eventually drifted to the shore, so Caleb  and Mr. Friend (aren't I so considerate of their privacy?) hopped in the car and drove around to them and quickly had the problem solved and their boating continued. 
And we enjoyed the beach! It was such a lovely day, and we had a huge tree to lounge under.

Claire was lovely to have along. She makes me happy.


Chuck whipped out his crawdad catcher thinger and he and Lainey went right to work.


But she got hungry so we had to eat lunch again. It's not like we had a choice.


Then they came back. 

(You have to admit, this narration is amazing).


And Emmy was fulfilling her calling as flag waver beautifully.


And when Tess showed me my conked-out Jonah, we knew it was time to head home. He had been out on the tube, and apparently that was just way too much work for the little man:)

Thank you thank you thank you neighbor friends!! We love you! And even if you didn't have a boat, we'd still be friends.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Again.

5 comments:

Camille said...

guess you and Caleb can't make fun of me for wakeboarding now! I told you it was fun!

Amanda said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Glad you got to experience the boating life. :)

Caleb said...

Camille when do we make fun of you for wake boarding?

Unknown said...

Hey i tried wake boarding for the first time yesterday too! But unlike my perfect little brother...i did not get up. So close though. Next time.

And the pic of jonah is precious. Poor little guy is just all tuckered out. I'm impressed that he went on a tube, those things scare me.

Holbrook's said...

Wow...I wish I had friends like that!! Hehehehe....we love you too and now that we have Caleb convinced that it is fun maybe we can go out in the early morning hours when the water is oh so silky smooth and just right for gliding along the surface!! Now we just need to get you into the "real" sport of skiing!!! None of this woosy wakeboard business!