Neighbor friend and I are gluttons for punishment, let's be honest. We picked and picked and picked grapes last week. Our landlords are off cruising for 2 weeks and told us to take all we could handle- so we did!
Then we juiced them. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.
Sorry the photos are a little blurry - I think it was too dark or something. Ask Caleb, he's the photo expert.
Ok, we might have had a little bit of an idea of what we were getting into. That's why we're gluttons for punishment! We juiced for 3 days!
You throw them in the steamer pot all washed and fresh. Let them steam for an hour or more.
After that they're not so plump and shiney and delicious looking anymore.
They look like this. They shrink way down and shrivel and.... well... die basically.
Isn't this beautiful? We had green and red grapes, so depending on what ratio we happened to be steaming the juice came out all different shades of purple. I couldn't honestly tell you the exact number of quarts we put out, but I can tell you that it was over 50.
Yes. 50. Fact.
2 comments:
Fact. Bears. beets. battle star galactica.
It was a little crazy but I am so glad we did it!!! And it was AT LEAST 50!!!!
Post a Comment