Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A bit more.

Okay, time to crack down and chronicle. 
I believe I already mentioned that our drive last week was longish. The kids were good considering, but the trip was not without it's moments of... loudness.
Then there was this one blissful interval when all three slept. I think I spent that whole hour staring blindly out the window because my mind was going numb with all the quietness.

We stayed in the world's smallest hotel room the first night. I'm interested in actually looking it up to see if was really was the world's smallest, since it's totally possible. We travel on a budget.
When we did finally arrive at the beautiful home on the sand, there was much joy to be had by all.

Because with a view like this from the back deck, how could joy not abound? It. Was. Bliss.

The coast is usually quite rainy and windy and cold (which is also beautiful), but we had 4 gorgeous sunny days before the first drop of rain. There was just the perfect little breeze for flying kites.
And the sunsets. OH the sunsets. We get sunsets here in our high mountain valley, but when the evening sky is the most bright, the most stunning, the most amazing - the sun has already been gone for a while. It's weird like that.

This photo needs explaining, doncha think?
It was set up super cute of Camille and Claire, both sitting there smiling at me, but the second the camera clicked she fell over! Ha!

Maybe you had to be there. I wish you could have been.

1 comment:

Holbrook's said...

So amazing...wish I could have been there too!!