Friday, August 19, 2011

Giveaway! (what?)

Hello, chums.

Tonight, I want to speak with you about a strange phenomenon which happens to me... often. 'Often' I am approached by either a good friend or a very distant acquaintance, and they will blushingly admit to me that they read my blog. I'm going to tell you what I tell them: "Really? Thanks! I'm so glad." 

So this is me, telling all of you readers, that I love you. If my blog was only meant for me and my family, it would be private.  6 years ago, when I started blogging, yes - I only did it so that my family (who lived in Italy at the time) could see my growing belly, and after that get updates on my new baby girl. This blog has done some serious evolving since then! 

I have grown to adore blogging. I have never been the type of person to really care what people think of me, so I never thought that I was blogging with the purpose of entertaining anyone. I always told myself that the number of comments that a post received meant nothing to me. 

I'm done kidding myself. I want you, I need you, oh baby oh baby.

So please, if you think that you're a "Blog Stalker", you're not! Throw away your guilt! I welcome you here. My life is a sort of utopia, and I enjoy sharing it. And I need to share it, because it's important - just like your life is. 

And so, without further ado, I announce my first ever giveaway. Which makes me feel all funny inside because giveaways are for 'real blog's', and I'm not one, but I'm doing one anyway. Cuz I lurve ya. 

I'm going to give away three things, one each to three lucky commenters, and the drawing will be completely random. You just have to comment! It's not hard! And I want to hear you. 

The first prize is one of my favorite children's books:
For oh so many reasons, I adore this book. One large, hardback copy to one of you!

Another prize will be this book, which I also adore:
The dialog which takes place between the Mom and her little boy is priceless. One softcover copy to one of you!

Come on. If you don't have kids, you know someone who does. Then again, if you don't have kids, you're still gonna wanna have these because they're delightful. 

The last prize will be a matted 5X7 photo of The Sea, which Caleb is going to photograph this coming week. Because we're going here tomorrow:
Oh yes.

The Oregon coast. I can already smell it, and it smells good.
Which means I may be away from blogland for a while. I'm not really sure if I'll have internet access or not. Plus when I get there after being in the car for 15 hours with my three very small children, I may not be sane enough to type.

So. Here's how it works. I will be back on Monday. Not this monday, next monday. And I won't be able to read your comments until then!
So tell me what your favorite book was when you were little, and you're entered to win.

Mine was Go Dog Go!

23 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

You're so cute!! How about I win for being the FIRST to comment:)

My favorite book growing up was Froggy Gets Dressed. So funny!

p.s. I think you are SUCH a good writer, so funny and witty and real. Love your blog!

Carly said...

Hey, Jayne! My favorite book was "There's An Alligator Under My Bed."

And I'm coming out from the shadows....I love reading your blog! Your kids are darling and you are so witty. My little guy is just barely younger than Claire.....arranged marriage? :)

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

Love it! Well I know that one of my favorite books was The Runaway Bunny. Such a fun idea Jayne!

And have fun on the trip, and good luck on the drive. :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite book was "Blueberries for Sal"
P to the S: Your blog is my favorite one to read! I lurve it. And you guys :)

Nordic Valley ward Young Women said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tess said...

My favorite was and still is The red ripe strawberry. thats not the real title but I honestly cant remember it at the moment.
Oh and I've never read this blog before.

...Unless you count the three to nine times a day that I check to see if you've posted something :)

Bethanie said...

Hand, Hand, Fingers Thumb. If you've never read it, then you can when you come to MY ocean. Happy travels!

Jamie said...

I've always loved the book "What Was I Scared Of?" by Dr Seuss. But until 5 minutes ago I thought it was called "The Pale Green Pants With Nobody Inside Them" :)

I love your blog Jayne! I check it all the time for new posts. It's so fun.

said...

My favorite book was Angelina Ballerina by Katharine Hollabird.

Have you read it? I loved it so!

Holbrook's said...

I am commenting from my phone...oh how techno savy I feel...anywho...I have several favs, how does one narrow down? How about Susie Goes Shopping, I had it memorized. and i totally recommend it.

JoAnn said...

Runaway Bunny with the song in the back. I need to get you a copy of the song, Kenz.

Camille said...

The bedtime book that had the picture of the girl with the blankie and it was cardboard and was shaped like the girl. Can't remember what it was called, but I loved it :)

Also maybe NO DAVID!

Jayne, you're brilliant :)

Britney & Bob said...

Wow, it is really good to know that I am not the only one out there that loves to
"blog stock" you. I can finally get rid of my guilt for checking your blog everyday to read more of your entertaining writing. Thank you for clearing my conscience.

My favorite book was Are You My Mother, (I thought I could read when I was 3 because I had it memorized. :0)

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

My favorite book was "The Giant Jam Sandwich." It still is. Anyway, I revealed myself as a stalker long ago. Thanks for writing!

Lyndee Peterson said...

I love fallowing your blog, I feel like I know your family and kids, even though I don't know you very much. As I read your blog I wish I could write as well as you!
And I do have to say your inspire me to be a better mother, teacher, and gardener!
One of my favorite books (there were many) is "The Giving Tree"

Becca said...

So, I've been thinking "favorite book" thoughts for days and days. And here's what I think. When I was in 2nd grade I read "A Wrinkle in Time" and now, lo these many years later, every time I read it, the house parts of the story take place in my very own house in Boston, where I lived in second grade. And I love that book. Nobody else could pull of a book that starts with the words, "It was a dark and stormy night."

(Coming home? I miss you.)

Hanna Banana said...

When I was little I learned to read from the book I Can Read With My Eyes Shut Tight. Except for the page where his eyes get red hot... scared me to death. But non the less, it was probably my favorite.
This is a great idea Jayne! I looooove your blog :)

Unknown said...

17 comments!! Jayne I'm jealous! I need to have a giveaway... Drive safe and see you Sunday!

And my favorite book at a child was Velveteen Rabbit and then A Wrinkle In Time...and then Anne of Green Gables :-)

thompson said...

Hey I love your Blog and love to hear all about your beautiful family!! This is such a great blog and you are such a great writer and woman. My favorite book was Jan Brett's Beauty and the Beast (and all her others as well)

Diana said...

Mine is a Steven Kellogg book called "Won't Somebody Play with Me?" about a little girl whose friends are all busy on her birthday so she imagines terrible punishments for them. There's a wonderful surprise at the end. I love Steven Kellogg. And your blog!


http://www.amazon.com/Wont-Somebody-Play-Steven-Kellogg/dp/0140547290

karla said...

My favorite book was The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I still remember how that book smelled; old, musty, comfort. I loved the pictures and the pretty dresses.

Zack Tenney said...

I don't wanna bump someone off in the giveaway , so please don't put me in the runnings, but i just wanted to say I like to frequent your blog as well. I take a lot away from it. I love the reflection of how to raise kids, nurture a relationship and family, an how to adore your spouse. It's really a treat to read your posts. Thanks and keep it up. Oh, and I loved Hop on Pop and of course my own personal compilation, "My fish are bigger" :)

Gr. Nette said...

I have no recollection of having been read to as a child. But reading to little ones has always been a joy. And so fun to feel the excitement of little ones as they try to find the mouse in
"Goodnight Moon!"