I have never seen The Godfather, but I have seen You've Got Mail, so I feel qualified to use that phrase as my post title. Here endeth my reasoning.
I have three very small people living in my house. While these small people are more apt to make messes than clean them up, they're starting to pull their weight a little more lately.
Unloading the dishwasher, for example. It might take 45 minutes to put the dishes away, but I am totally kosher with that.They have their little job charts too, but still our house cleanliness occasionally gets behind.
Ok, not occasionally. Often. "It wasn't us!"
I feel like I am at war with junk. I can't believe the amount of stuff that enters our home every day.
The main areas of the house have been staying nicer than usual - the areas that people might see should they enter the front door. But other places?
This is supposed to be a toothbrush drawer.
*shudder*
If it makes you feel any better at all, this is the worst spot. But there are others, my friend. Many others.
Which is why I am declaring WAR on those places! War on the junk! War on the pile of mail that needs to be sorted! War on the socks with holes! War on the dust!
Ok maybe not on the dust. It's an old friend of mine and I'd feel lost without it.
One of my friends recently did a house cleanse and blogged her whole way through it. I'm inspired. And I'm obviously not afraid to post embarrassing photos.
I'll have plenty of help too, which should be half the fun.
Feel free to follow along in your own homes, should you so desire. I like to get my spring cleaning done before spring actually comes, cause who wants to be inside working with all that fresh green stuff outside?



2 comments:
Do it! Blog it!
Oh, and could that mini mop be any cuter? Remember our little vacuum attachment? Hahahaha.
I am totally convinced that through moving I will also be "de-cluttering" not sure if this is actually reality but I will continue to believe it anyway. Love the pics..and no that little mop couldn't be any cuter, nor the little tyke man handling it.
Post a Comment