I feel abandoned. I feel like a fraud. I feel an aching empty space where my loathing of sewing used to reside.
I can't help it. The fear, detest, and feelings of helplessness are gone.
I LIKE SEWING!
What? I know. And I'm not half bad at it either.
Looky what I did:
This is Jonah's Mom-made quilt. Mom being me.
My neighbor bestie friend has a long arm quilter, and she let me use it. Sewing the patches together on my cute machine was scary enough, but this quilting machine was SCARY. It gives the operator the feeling of driving a tractor. Without brakes.
Hers looks very similar to this one, and the fact that she let someone like Me behind the wheel is a miracle in and of itself. That I didn't break it is another one altogether.
I quilted Jonah's first, and went with a swirly-with-stars idea:
turned out pretty cute, I thought.
I started these quilts in October. I was giving myself plenty of time to finish them for Christmas.
Did I only just finish? Yes Ma'am. Sir. Seven minutes ago.
I was afraid to blog the whole process. Afraid of giving up in dispair. Afraid of boring you with my dramatized versions of "How the heck do you load a bobbin?" Afraid of what ever. Silly me - I did it! Only took 6 months too!
Emmy's. I used the scraps to make Raggy. Clever, right?
Hers is quilted with swirlies and hearts. As you can see.
Why are my photos so short? What is this? Why don't I know more about photography?
Any who - I like to sew now. It's true. I can't complain about it anymore.
Now I'm going to go practice the violin until I'm not afraid if it either! Expect a post about that in 3 years.

2 comments:
I'm in love with these quilts! And that rag doll, just adorable! You're so talented Jayne.
I love love love the quilts! And I love their little match-ie twin beds! You are so adorable and so brave...you are right that machine is a bit intimidating to say the least!
Post a Comment