Check it out here if you're curious.
Anyway, we had a company campout last weekend down in Huntington Canyon, which is just south of Price. It was very shady and cool and lovely, considering it was in the middle of the Utah desert in July. I'm not even being sarcastic! It really was nice!
This company has grown and changed a lot since we jumped on board 4+ years ago, and we've enjoyed the ride.
Cindy, the ever thoughtful and prepared, had a whole tent full of crafty projects for the kids (and Moms). Many delightful creations were the result, and the kids were in camping-heaven.
A random bandana-clad girl magically appeared to model a few of the artistic creations, then she vanished back into the mists from whence she came.
*whew*
Why is that? Is it just being out in the woods that makes the food taste better? Is it because you're hungrier? Is it because your senses are heightened? I'm not sure. I'm just sure it's true.
Good food makes happy people. Plus we're all friends, so that helps.
Owner and owner. Cute couple, aren't they? You couldn't ask for better people to sign your paycheck. We love them (for reasons besides the paycheck, naturally).
Some of us needed more than a tent to be comfortable, some of us didn't.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.
In the morning, we headed out to a remote (and I mean that) piece of land. Very remote. Very.
We found one of these:
What is this, you ask? I asked the same question. Luckily we had a local 3rd grade teacher with us who explained that it was a very small Horny Toad.
The bystanders hailed Caleb, who came and took over. Maybe because he wanted to, and maybe because I got out and refused to drive.
And now, what you've been waiting for, the destination!
I told you it was remote.
This is the land which the company has purchased on which to build it's new, state of the art, production facility! It's actually very exciting.
George likes vast, open, emptiness. Since that was what he was looking for, I think he found the place!
There were a few wet eyes, as this day has been years and years in the making.
Even though Caleb and I will remain a part of the Heber Facility, rather than working at this new place, it's still very exciting. When a company is this small, it's a family.




No comments:
Post a Comment