I assume it is safe to say, that most people go to the seaside to relax. To breathe the air, soak up the sunshine, and take a break. The sound of the waves is soothing to them, and they let it lull them into a deeper relaxation than they are able to find elsewhere.
My kids slept Good there.
I (for some reason that I don't want to figure out) in this sense, am not like most people. The sound of the waves makes me want to run and splash and get my wiggles out! The crashing waves are energizing to the max!
Uhmm... did you know that I have no rhythm? None. Just be grateful that these are still shots, rather than moving, because watching it would be painful.
Katie can work it, man. I gave up trying to look like her early on and did my own frump-dance which everyone was super jealous of, natch.
Zachary's 4Runner has a suped-up sound system in it, so we totally rocked that beach. There were even some other ladies that randomly joined in, that's how cool we were.
I know, you wish you had been there! I wish I was back there doing zumba right now. Except not right now, since this day is the sabbath and all. You know what I mean.
So that was super awesome. But the boys didn't join in. Nerds.
Instead, to get their wiggles out, they went boogie boarding again.
Zachary decided that he wanted to give it a go (after we had returned the wet suits) so Caleb obliged. I told you he liked it!
The water had dropped a few degrees this day, so running in was a must. Otherwise you'd never get in all the way. Seriously. We had gone in that morning in our wetsuits, and our fingers were completely numb.
But they did it! All the way, man!
Oh. Maybe the cold. But other than that!
Aren't they cute brothers?
Please try boogie boarding someday. It's like surfing but way easier and come on, So much cooler! Those big long bulky surf boards are so last year. Foam is where it's at these days.
ahem.
What was I talking about? Oh yes.
Maybe it's the fact that they have a whole lot more oxygen at sea level than we have here at our mountainous 6,000 feet, but I was almost antsy the whole time I was there. All that Air!
Needless to say, we walked many miles up and down and back up and down and up and down some more that week.
Don't be alarmed. Now that I'm home I haven't ran one mile. Or a half mile, for that matter. Or 10 feet.
My hairs decided to be curly again. Not as curly as my girl's, but that's okay. I'll take what I can get.
And if you'd like me to be totally honest; I WANT KATIE'S HAIR!
*sigh*
Someone marry this girl, she will fulfill you're wildest dreams.
(am I allowed to say that on here? Of course. Why, what were you thinking I meant?)
I'm so glad we've had this talk.
Sometimes Caleb lets me hold his camera, and then we get to remember that he was at the beach too.
All this energy expenditure made for some very hungry tummies - and we filled them accordingly. I ate more spaghetti salad in one week than I care to admit. And for me to not admit something, you know it had to have been serious.


2 comments:
Oh. My. Word. You crack me up darlin'.
I feel great at the beach too though, it really has to be all the oxygen...but I never want to run :-)
I'm so glad that you loved Zumba! It makes me sooo happy. We need to take a class together please. And the jingly-music-making-dancing-thing is a belly dance hip scarf. Emmy was rocking it, she is a born dancer! And you were good too! You just need to loosen up those hips and remember what they are used for ;-)
And thanks for the endorsement...i think ;-)
And I love the pic of you and E and Monk and C. So Cute. Did you know that you are beautiful?? You are.
And lastly. That last pic is a bit scary. Mr. Hair is attacking E. Or something.
It looks like you had so much fun! I LOVE those pics at the end. So presh :) Not that i don't love all of the pics... because i do. K bye. :)
Post a Comment