Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Gourd Creations

We usually carve our pumpkins in the kitchen because it's too cold outside. 
Also, we never remember to bring the pumpkins inside the day before, so they're always frozenish and we freeze our digits trying to clean them out. 
 Not so this year. It really was so super nice outside.

Emmy and Jonah (mostly) cleaned out their own pumpkins this year too, which was nice. I'm seeing the benefits that older children provide.

 Older being three and five:)

 Although the one-and-a-half year old was plenty helpful as well.

 A little confused by what we were doing, but that's nothing new.

Also confused about all the sticky seeds that kept sticking to her bare feet.

Three and Five are still a little young to be wielding knives, so Caleb and I did the carving. 
We gave them paper and markers and asked them to draw what they wanted to faces to look like. See Emmy's drawing on the red paper?

This is Caleb's interpretation, which I think is pretty spot on.

Jonah said he wanted his to look 'nervous'. 

 Caleb took advantage of the rotting pumpkin and produced this beauty.

 Pretty cute, I'm thinkin.

I think the runny nose on Caleb's pumpkin was a nice effect. 
Gross.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE you pumpkins! They turned out awesome :-) I love to carve pumpkins, not sure why I didn't this year...

Holbrook's said...

They were super awesome and so was the weather!

Bailey Family said...

Jonah's pumpkin sort of looks like him.
Great pumpkins! We have had really nice weather here too. A great October full of visits to the park and playing outside.

gr.nette said...

How does Jonah know the word "nervous" already?