Seriously, Thanksgiving is the best holiday! What's not to love? Food, family, chilly outside so you can snuggle up inside. The focus on the bounty that we have, and the realization that it is a gift to be thankful for.
You'd think that since the celebration was at my house I'd have a load of photos... but I didn't take any.
Not one.
*sigh*
Luckily Caleb snapped a few before our guests arrived.
We had to move furniture out of our living room, but the table fit!
Caleb has been making pies for years, and he has mastered it. This year was his best yet, I must say. That apple pie almost knocked me out of my seat. You'd think that pie is pie, right? Not so!
So that was it for photos.
Then Katie blogged hers yesterday, so I stole them!
Begin Katie photos:
Do you like Emmy's leaf chandelier? I lurve it.I begged her to make me a snowflake one for Christmas, and she's busily at it right now.
The place cards turned out pretty cute.
I see these cute things online and decide to make them, but I'm not the type to actually go and buy supplies. So I use whatever I can find around the house and they never quite turn out quite as cute as the photo.
Strange, eh?
It's ok, we deal.
Do you remember sitting at the kids table? I do! So does Katie.
You can't do this at the adult table.
Well, I suppose you could, but nobody did. Isn't that strange, also?
Why make kids eat food they don't want? We splurged and offered Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. It's all about celebrating what you love, right? This is what they wanted!
So so thankful to Caleb's family for humoring us and for fitting so nicely into our home.
It's amazing how much love a little house can hold.







3 comments:
I just typed a long lovely comment thanking you for letting us invade and praising your wonderful decorating...and it crashed. Blerg.
Katie -That's like something I would do.
Jayne, your blogs are so wonderful.
How you find the time to post is amazing to me. But you have your priorities all straight. Love it.
Love those little kiddies.
I love that not only did you host dinner but you made it beautiful as well! But that is oh so naturally you...
Post a Comment