Some time ago, I was born. On this island.
I thought that this bridge, which links San Diego to Coronado Island, was the longest curved bridge in the world, but I'm pretty sure that's not true.562 G Avenue was a great place to live - I have many happy memories of it, even though we moved when I was only 4. It was perfect weather year round - in fact, our washer and drier were on the back covered porch!
This is where my Dad worked. The Hotel Del Coronado. Have you heard of it?
To get his job, he walked right in the front door one day and asked to see the General Manager. He eventually made it to the man's office, where he sat down and informed the man that he wanted a job. Because that's the way my Dad does things.
He switched around to many different positions, because he wanted to own a hotel of his own eventually.
That's the way my Dad does things. I like him.
That was 28 years ago. Officially.
Now I have three little kids myself!
They help me decorate my tree.
They also help un-decorate the tree. Prematurely.
I once wore a wet suit to a Luau.
Speaking of my Dad, he is the most photogenic person I know.
This was taken just before we left on our Pioneer Trek. Why didn't he pass that talent on to me? His confidence spills over onto the film, where mine only blatantly exposes my insecurities. Send help.
When I was younger, I had even less fashion sense than I have now. But my Mommy still loved me.
Yes, this photo was taken in a public place.
When I was younger, I was so very weird.
So glad we've had this talk today.












4 comments:
I think the public place was Dinosaur Park, so no worries...I obviously struggled in the fashion department also. Go stick your head in a snowbank.
I think your children took that phrase a little too literally mom... and people wonder why we're so weird. It's because we're awesome! Duh!
I had that very same dare shirt...and your quirks are what make you so fantastically you!
Oh ya, and is that the hotel from the movie Some Like it Hot?
Post a Comment