Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Alright already

I was told yesterday that her name's not really official until it's on the blog. So let's make this thing official!

We named her Amelia Kate. 


Here's my ever growing flock! This is the morning after she was born. 
Notice we all have our forms of entertainment going on. I have my baby, Claire has someone's phone and her baby by her feet, Emmy's playing Draw Something, and Jonah's rubbing his cheek. We're set for the day! 

Mmm... I can smell her milky sweetness. Probably because she's on my lap and I just finished nursing her. My babies' warm breath right after they nurse, it's the one smell in this world that I love more than Lilacs. 

Life with four is great. What else could it be?
My kitchen floor is sticky. My violin is dusty. My washer and drier will never forgive me.
But ultimately and eternally; great.

It's not a whole lot different than when I first had three, except for this time I also have a six year old - and that's awesome. Emmy held Millie while I took a shower. That equals bliss.
I love the way Millie (that's what we call her) looks at Emmy. It's almost a look of recognition, especially when Emmy's talking.

 I know I said that my babymoon was over and that I had to get back to work and life, but I'm still feeling a little... floaty. I'd much rather sit here in my room and stare at her.

Hence the sticky floor.

5 comments:

Tess said...

I think I need to come visit. not to clean your sticky floors (eww) but to sit on your bed and stare at Millie, of course. I haven't seen her for, like... three days?

JoAnn said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings, Jayne!

gr.nette said...

oh, sweet.

Britney said...

Awww. She is so cute and the nick name Millie melts my heart. On a strange note, I have a good friend with three girls whose names' are Emmy, Claire, and Kate. Crazy, yes?

Holbrook's said...

Oh man too cute! And I wish I had more of your amazing ability to see the beauty that is all around...if I had 4 at home all the time...I would have more than one foot in the asylum door...