If you're thinking about having a newborn, I highly recommend having a six year old first.
I do realize that it doesn't usually work out that way, but if I'm going to be making recommendations I might as well throw that one out there.
If that's not going to work out for you, by all means go ahead and have your newborn.
See? Now no matter what, you're following my advice.
But don't listen to me.
Also, if it were possible that your six year old could stay six forever, I'd also recommend that.I doubt she'll love opening up her suitcase in her college dorm only to find her Mother hiding inside, but it's inevitable.
I'm not the only one who adores Emmy.
I was worried about my subsequent babies not getting as much interaction as the first ones, because I'm so busy with the older ones! As it turns out, I think Amelia may be getting more face to face interaction than Emmy did at this age. Between her five family members, there's nearly always someone talking to her.
Look at her cute face, trying so hard to coo! Her whole body wiggles and her eyes get all excited and finally a little sound comes out of her mouth, which thrills her and her captive audience.
The big exciting events of life are breathtaking and important and wonderful, but all of the little moments in between, the ones that fill in the extra space, those are the ones that create the bulk of our lives here on earth.
I am recently redetermined to fill the 'extra space' with a little more happiness and a little less busy-ness.
5 comments:
Good, good, Great!
Oh, man. That's cute stuff. Sign me up for both!
cute, Jayne. You're able to say the things we mothers think about but not able to put it into words.
love, gr
So beautiful! Can't wait to have a six year old!
I would like to announce that after a week of no blog reading, I have come. And now I love you all even more than ever. Much happiness, that's what reading your writing gives me. XO
Post a Comment