Isn't my brain capacity just stunning?
Something about listening to the little things your kids say, so that when they're grown they'll tell you the big things.
I've thought a lot about that, and I agree with it completely. I can remember being five years old, and the things that I needed to tell my Mom seemed like the very most important things in the world! And to my tiny little brain, they were.
As it was with me, so it is with my kids.
Let's have an example. A few minutes ago I was in Jonah/Amelia's bedroom, putting her to sleep. The other three were at the table, munching away on their lunches. I told them, before I went in, to not come in unless it was an emergency.
Our ideas of emergency differ greatly.
All was silent in the room. Her eyes had just closed. The door creaks open. It's Jonah. He loudly whispers, "Mom! It's an emergency!" Her eyes open.
"Ok Jonah, what is it?"
"Emmy was singing a silly song, and then I said 'There's a noodle dancing on the moon!'"
*giggle giggle*
It's a whirlwind around here, but we're having fun.
4 comments:
Just keep laughing! (Cool pic)
This is so true and once again I believe you are one of the wisest people I know! and the picture is AMAZING! I think it totally captures your world right now! Love it!
Helloooooooo.
From,
Max
“Listen earnestly to anything [your children] want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.”
― Catherine M. Wallace
Post a Comment