Yes, she has a birth certificate and a social security card with her name on it, but it just doesn't really seem official until the baby is given a name and a blessing by her Dad.
Last Sunday, October 28th, Amelia's baby blessing took place.
Our fourth one, can you believe it? Caleb and I, as we were making silly faces and blowing raspberries at her last night, mused to each other how it doesn't matter how many kids you have; they're all very individual people, brand new, and definitely not just another baby.
She came to this earth with a personality, a spiritual past, and a mission to perform. What will her life be like? What things will she accomplish? What will she learn? Who will she serve?
The 'norm' in our church is to perform the blessing during Sacrament Meeting, but it's not a requirement. Caleb prefers to do it after church, with close family and friends around us.
And so in the evening we gathered, and were touched by who came.
Claire was kept very busy doing her self appointed duty of being W.'s Mother.
Until she was scooped up, and W. was saved.
I have no idea who took these photos, but I'm grateful. I managed to remember to bring my camera, but I didn't see it again once we arrived at the church. Whoever took these, thank you!
We really love all of our sweet family who came, and so many of our dear neighbors were there, too! We've been here long enough that our friends are starting to feel like family, and we love it.
Look at this face. What are you up to, L?
I love looking back at the other baby blessing photos. This one is different than the others in that we no longer have my Grandpa here. Other changes are we now have a new Bishop, and new Brother in law!
The bishop was guessing which family the guests belonged to as they came in to the room, and when he met Tom he thought for sure he was my blood brother! It's the hair.
After the blessing we all gathered back at our home for dinner. It's so lovely to have people come over, isn't it? It's worth the stress.
Oh my baby. How I love you.




3 comments:
What beautiful Amelia Kate pictures! She is beautiful.
I took them! Sorry they weren't better or more abundant! She is so gorgeous. I love her so much! Thank you for sharing her with me so much :-)
That was a good day!
Post a Comment