Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kepsels On Ice!

My camera died.
We held a brief memorial, and I now use the iPad for all photographic purposes. I'm grateful that I have something to take photos with... but I miss the picture quality of my old Canon what-ever-it-was.

That being said. We went ice skating, and it was so fun! It was Emmy and Jonah's first time, and they've been so excited to try it for so long.
Jonah fell asleep on the ten minute drive to the rink. I tried everything to wake him up, and when he finally did I asked him if he would like to skate, or go back to sleep. He wanted to sleep. So he and Claire, who had also fallen asleep, slept for a solid hour in the car in the parking lot next to the rink.

Caleb and Em scooted around like this for a while, and even though the first time ice skating is always a little unsettling, she loved it! I think spending time with her Daddy had something to do with that, too.

Amelia and I traveled back and forth between rink-side and front seat of car. We had to keep warm, and make sure the sleeping beauties were warm. Her little nose would turn pink the minute we stepped out of the car, but she never complained! She's not a whiner. She's very quiet, and shy, but very happy. I'll keep her.

And guess who else was there? My beautiful cousin and her family! They live down in Salt Lake, so it was a wonderful coincidence! They just moved back after being in Michigan for 5 years, so it was so fun to see her. She has a daughter Emmy's age, and they had a fun time skating together... kinda. Neither was really skating, but they were definitely having fun! That's all that really matters to me.

Emmy finally snagged a construction cone, and she was off after that. It was the perfect size to hang on to and it just cruised right around the rink with her! "Cruised" being a generous term:)

Eventually the cousins went home, Jonah and Claire woke up, and Emmy got tired. We called it a day and headed home, too.

It always seems like such a huge event to pack everyone into the car (quadruply so in the winter) and go do something as a family, just for fun. But every time, every time, we're so glad that we did. We can't help but have fun!


2 comments:

Tess said...

This makes me want to take my kids skating! looks so fun
p.s. you need your personal photographer back

Holbrook's said...

I think your Emmy and my Lyla need to hang out...Lyla LOVES the snow. She would play out there all day if she could!