We're having some new adventures in our house. Are we learning and growing and becoming better in the process? I certainly hope so. Are we also maybe whining a little bit? It's possible.
I smashed three fingers in the car door on Sunday afternoon. Fortunately, it was my right hand and I'm left handed. Unfortunately, it hurt really bad. Fortunately, I didn't break any bones! Unfortunately, the Dr. Man suggested draining the blood that was pushing my fingernail....... you know what? I'm going to spare you that part. I'll share this nice black and white depiction of my experience instead, it's easier on the stomach.
Unfortunately, that also hurt. Badly enough that I passed out in the examination chair. For a girl who has birthed four babies in her bedroom with no medication whatsoever, I apparently have a very low pain tolerance. Fortunately, the pain subsided considerably when the pressure released. Thank you, crazy Dr. Man.
Unfortunately, Caleb is having adventures, too! He was bitten by a spider behind his knee last week, and has had a full blown poison mess going on. The fever/chills/body aches/nausea, you name it!
We eventually gave in (after throwing all we had at it) because the affected area kept on expanding and growing. We went to see a Dr. Man. Then he had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and by morning the reddish raised area had doubled in size. Hmmm.
Dr. Man put him on a different antibiotic which has so far significantly slowed the pace that the area is expanding, so that's a good sign. Hopefully it will start subsiding soon.
So. I have one arm and Caleb has one leg, which has really mixed things up around here!
He opens bottles and spreads peanut butter, I walk around with my hand resting on top of my head.
He reads to the kids, holds babies, goes to work and props his leg on his desk, and I take naps.
He sings kids to sleep, does homework, plans bike rides for when he's feeling better, and I whimper.
Katie brings us dinner, and gratefully I eat it. So far things are going pretty good!
:)
FORTUNATELY: Emmy and Jonah and Claire are best buddies and have a great time entertaining each other. Amelia is the worlds most content baby, and is fine to hang out and chew on things wherever we are. We have great home teachers who are willing to come give blessings. We have understanding employers who are willing to work around poisonous spider bites.
We have each other, we like each other, and we are able to laugh at our silly predicament. Not only are we deliriously in love, but Caleb and I are also really good friends. That makes life lovely, no matter what else is going on.
Meanwhile...
Thank you for sharing your mad photoshop skills, Kate, you crack me up!Crime is about to be fought like never before!


7 comments:
Oh, man! I was already feeling your pain when I knew your finger got slammed, but all this other stuff!?!? Draining? Bites? Oh, man. I am sending get well vibes your way. Probably not as effective as what the doctor prescribed, but hey. I do what I can!
Oh man. I'm so sorry about that. I had that procedure done when I was little. Only mine was to drain an infection out that was under my finger nail. It is painful.
My question is how you were able to type all that with one hand? :0)
Britney, I'm quite the proficient one handed typist! I gained the skill because I'm usually nursing while I blog, because that's the time I hold still during the day. It's definitely easier to do on the iPad, though, because it does all the caps and spell checks as you go!
So sorry that you have also experienced this! At least we kept our hands, right?
Yes I am glad we kept our hands. Though when I was little and having it done to me, I was positive the doctor was amputating my finger. :0)
Sorry i didn't have more time yesterday! that photoshop job is actually pretty bad :-) I'll bet Jonah is excited to have a Spidey daddy!
I am ready to pass out just thinking about it...anything to do with finger nails...any pain associated with them is the worst. I am so so so sorry and only slightly less horrible are spiders and spider bites. Yikes. Sending good vibes your way!
I thought your photo shop job was great! That's how little I know! Glad you guys can laugh at all this!
Post a Comment