Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Light up my life

In our formal-dining-room-turned-library there once lived a chandelier of gaudy proportions. 
Emmy's face says it all.

We hit our heads on it every time we walked through the room. So Caleb enlisted some help from some very small people and down it came!

One of the first times we came to look at the house, before buying it, I had mentioned how the chandelier had to go. Caleb, hearing this, immediately said "I'm going to paint it pink and hang it in Emmy's room."
I laughed and said "Go right ahead!"

Then I got to thinking about it. Then I looked at all knowing Pinterest, and what do you know? Painted chandeliers are all the rage! 

Lala volunteered to help Emmy with the chandelier upcycling project, and I stood back and watched as their genius took over. 

First they washed the years of dust off of all the little glass pieces.

Lala tackled the main structure with some vinegar and painters tape.

They also settled on this gorgeous blue color, which I was SO thrilled about. There's plenty of pink in that room already, and this really ties her blue headboard in with the rest of the room. Love it.

Lala is an expert spray painter. This lady is a wonder when it comes to beautifying.

Then they took a trip to the craft store and purchased some pink sparkly beads and some little pink flowers.

Lala is also an expert at getting Caleb to help. She is his Mother, after all. This is his "I'm concentrating! Don't touch me, you weirdo!" face.

Papa helped, too. I love men and their ability to do men-stuff.

The moment of truth...

TA-DA!

This thing is awesome! I love it, it's so girly and fancy and.... Emmy! 

Thank you, Lala. Emmy's never going to forget this one. I have a feeling that if we ever leave this home, it's coming with us. 

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'm so thankful you have a Lala, Emmy!

Unknown said...

It's so cinderella-ie!