Thursday, December 26, 2013

Overwhelming Happy

I don't even know where to begin.

It seems like four years has passed since I last blogged. Probably because so many events have taken place! The kind that would usually fill up four years! Or so it seems.

Cami got married. My parents hit the road. The sky? The train? They hit something and it took them out of this country and to the other side of the world. Christmas happened, too!

 And, through it all, things have been so super awesome.

I'm not complaining when I say that the last two months has been a blurry speed ball. Everything that happened was so good. 

 It was still a lot, though, know what I mean? It was a little overwhelming. I felt a little bogged down at times. Not by sadness or doubts, but just by the sheer excitement!

I'm a stay at home all-the-time-if-I-can-in-any-way-help-it kind of Mom. Leave the house? Rare.

Unless it's to our local ice rink, but that doesn't count. It's only two blocks away and the kids think they live there.

 They're getting to be pretty good little skaters! And check out this wicked move.

Jonah spends a lot more time "doing moves" than actually propelling himself forward across the ice in a skating fashion.

 Millie is usually being pulled around in the sled, but because Daddy was here on this particular occasion, she had more of a view.

 When I say "they're getting to be pretty good little skaters" what I really mean is they're still alive and the bruises are fading. They can get around the rink without holding on to the sides, and they giggle. A lot. That's success in my book.

What was I saying? Oh yes! Life.

Life is good. It is so completely and sometimes overwhelmingly good. Makes me emotional, which sometimes comes across as sober or even moody. But I'm not actually moody, I'm just... I'm just really really happy.


Here's to a January filled with nothing!! (yet)

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Thank you for your beautiful moodiness!

gr.nette said...

So really wonderful to read your descriptive words and see the colorful pictures and know that you truly enjoy being the great wife and mother that you are, Jayne. You have a way of dismissing the down times and thoroughly enjoying the up times and then displaying the ability to share them with us. Thank you so much.