Monday, July 28, 2014

Pioneer Day

I loaded these photos onto a new post and, unintelligently, left them sitting there. Caleb happened upon them and took it upon himself to finish my unfinished job. Brace yourselves.

The 24th of July has been coming and going for a darn long time. Since the time of Caesar when the months were named. It is the 205th day of the year when there is no leap year. Every year a bunch of people who think they know each other get together and pretend to know each other, and enjoy each other for a short time. This gathering happens at Grandma Gwen's pool because it you don't actually know someone you can hide underwater and slowly swim away. It is a completely, socially acceptable way of avoiding people. Good exercise to boot.   Caleb! You can't say things like that!
There always seems to be a plethora of little people. (Cami was out of state so the plethora of little people was incomplete)

 What worries me is when there are 72 little people in 1 pool, what else is in that pool?
Gross.
Aren't those kiddos the cutest? That pool was jam packed full of personality, that's what.

 Awwhh, fer cute. 

 I am not sure what is happening in the picture below. I was actually not at this pool charade. 
It does not look safe though. No one ever said this family was OSHA compliant I guess. hmmph. 
Actually, what was going on in this photo was Tess and Rachel traded babies because although their ages are the same, their girth is not. And it was cracking us up. 

There are so many pictures to follow that I shall now encapsulate each picture in one word or less. 

Favorite:

Birdcage:
Birdcage? How does Jonah calling for a towel bring to mind the word birdcage? I cannot try to understand this man. I just adore him, and that is all.

whoisthatinthebackroundandwhatintheworlddotheythinktheyaredoing?:
That is my little cousin, Ella, and she is adorable. As is Jonah pushing Millie in the swing. 

Nope:
Caleb doesn't do crowds. Even of people he loves.

Sticky?:

meow:
Millie has given up learning English and prefers Feline instead. Ask her a question and her response will be a cute little "meow."

Stinky?
Yes, stinky, but that's natural. 

Squat:
Uncle Allen and David had some good politics to discuss.

ouch:
Agreed.

Free:
Go Emmy, go!

These two are great:
Yes, they are! That's little Jayne, isn't she the cutest?

 And these two:
And her little brother, Jakey, also known as Jones. 

 blind.
Huh? See my cousin laying on the grass there? He had just finished a running race where he took first place, because he is awesome. Go Trace! And those are his awesome kids playing with the soccer ball. This family is awesomeness, man.

Nope.
He says Nope, but he really wishes he had been there. It was lovely.

Flamingos:
?

Hot Tamales: 
Jonah worked long and hard at this trick, and was quite pleased when he conquered it.

Ninja Turtles?:
I don't know why we never thought to do this before, but the little blow up pool on the lawn was a lifesaver! Perhaps literally! At times there can be dozens of tiny people in that giant pool, so having this little one kept everyone more... alive.

I'm done. Jayne take over please. 
If I must.
*ahem* enough of the italics, I can't talk like that. This is Jayne, now. Hi, guys!

All in all, another fantastic 24th of July family reunion at Grandma Gwen's. We do this every year, and it's the only time I ever get to see a LOT of the people in my family. It's awesome. Family is the best.

Six hours after arriving, the cousins had cleared out and everyone was heading home. Except Emmy and Jonah, who were still in the pool. Six hours. That is many hours. They were raisined on top of their raisins.

We love you, Grandma Gwen! Your house is the best. We missed you, Babo and Jojo! xoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was having my own little people party. Every day of the week.

JoAnn said...

OK. The photo of Rachel and Tess HAS to be printed for Gramma Gwen: #100 & 101!
And maybe that one of Jones and Jonah - so adorbs.
Thank you my kids who were able to go - COUSIN POWER!!!

JoAnn said...

Party on, Little Bernals.