Sometimes when Caleb gets home from work he says something along the lines of "Dinner in the woods!" and we all freak out and run around gathering supplies and pile into the SheBeast and head out.
It's a whole lot easier than camping, because there are no tents/sleeping stuff/pajamas/food/cooking stuff/etc. We usually have a fire, hike around, enjoy being away, and get home just in time for bed.Millie likes it.
Why are my children such raggamuffins? They bathe! They own clean clothing! But alas.
Is she still a baby? Can we pretend?
Time for a new baby.
"CALEB!!"
*ahem*
Emmy had the camera, and took approximately 49 photos of the fire.
And approximately 490 photos of Millie. Which is fine with me, but I decided to give
We just head up a dirt road, pick a spot, and plant ourselves there for a few hours. It's incredibly refreshing, I highly recommend it.
The fire got too hot for Millie.
So she scooted back. Right next to the food. Convenient!
When we're out here, Caleb always looks like this. It's his happy place.
Why? Why must we eat these? It's impossible not to.
Although, I don't think they actually eat them.
They just toasty roasty burn them.
Words cannot express how much I adore this child. She "cracks" me up (haha!)
Then Caleb CALEB Caleb challenged me to a "white rabbit" contest, of which I had never heard, of which I accepted.
The winner is the person who can fit the most marshmallows into their mouth and still pronounce the words "White Rabbit."
It was a classy, dignified sort of amusement. I recommend it for your next aristocratic event.
Then, because we couldn't find a trail (that's weird, right?) we walked down the road for a while. And Caleb followed us in the car. (Also weird, right?) (But true.)And we spotted these beauties from far off and away! Which is exactly the distance you like to be from beauties of this sort.
And now summer is fading, although it is still mostly here. We don't usually start our official schooling until after Labor Day, but the kids came home from Primary this week telling me that "The teachers said! School starts on Tuesday! PLEASE can school start on Tuesday?!"
I already had everything for this year, so I said sure. Why not.
We even took a "back to school" photo, because we're weird!
Did I mention that I adore Claire? I do.
I like my other kids, too.






1 comment:
Lets not forget to give an honorable mention to how we smell after these outings. Smoky, dirt-y, but SO GOOD! I love the smell of my after-mountain-clothes as I dump them in the wash with lots of detergent. They smell of a good time. Also Claire is fantastic.
Post a Comment