Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Grandpa Tom

My Grandpa Tom was born very close to where I now live, in Park City Utah - but it was not the same rustically glamourous town then as it is today. A small mining town, anything but desireable. Even though his life was anything but lovely, I don't doubt that he was happy. I can't picture him any other way. 
A tired Mother who was young, a Father who died in the mine on Grandpa's 8th birthday. Foster home after foster home, rarely knowing where his siblings were or when they would take him away to another home. 
Finally, at age 15, being adopted along with a younger sister, by the Slades. Being raised in the church, meeting my Grandma, serving a mission to the remote pacific island of Nuie, and returning to my Grandma.
Grandpa was the epitome of make the best out of what life gives you. He was funny - his home was happy. Constantly giving, feeding, singing, hiccupping:) 
I love you so much, Grandpa. I will miss you, and I'll see you later

1 comment:

Just Jenne said...

Thanks for this Jayne. It was beautiful.