It rained alot during the night, but thankfully we had been warned and taken necessary precautions and no one woke up wet. There are few sounds in this world that I love as much as the sound of rain pattering on my tent. It's tranquilizing.
It had cleared right out in the morning, and so we packed up and said goodbye to our little temporary home in the woods. Beautiful Katie was sad to leave, I think.
Emmy took this photo of Jonah and I. I was pretty impressed.
Dad was his usual morning-person-self. Apparently he forgot to bring his shaving kit.
We drove back up into the canyon, through the 1.1 mile tunnel (Emmy's trip highlight) and did some exploring in the less-populated parts of Zion.
The kids and I played closer to the car, while Caleb showed everyone else some Petroglyphs that he had found years ago, way up a sandy wash. Aren't they sweet? As in cool?
This little pose lasted all of the 2 seconds it took me to take this photo. Major breakdowns occured shortly after.
What a great trip. Great camping place, great food, great company, great caterpillars!
1 comment:
Holy Texas! HCG here i come. Blah. But it was a lovely trip, i had a great time. I also wish i couldve slept like the kids on the way home! that looks great :-)
And that family pic is great! Emmy is smiling for real :-) Definitely frame-worthy.
Post a Comment