Friday dawned bright and beautiful and we headed out right after breakfast. (well, everyone but Jonah and I, cause he was asleep. We caught up.) Caleb and Camille went up Hidden Canyon, and the rest of us went up to Weeping Rock, and played down by the river.
The trail up Hidden Canyon is nuts! Just looking at some of their photos made me dizzy. I'm not posting the ones where they're practically hanging off of 1200 foot ledges, because I'm in denial that they actually did that.


Cami is so good at posing, isn't she? I didn't even notice that she was standing under an arch at first. That's because I have sharp eyes.
Caleb too. Just look how naturally huge his chest is! What a hunk!
After that we went back to the campsite to have some lunch and nap the runts, but the tent was in the sun and it was COOKING in there, so we took them for a walk and they conked right out. (Cami opted for a nap in the cooker tent and she woke up seriously loopy, poor gal.)
Then we all loaded back onto the bus, with the stroller this time, and headed back up the canyon, this time to do the River Walk up to the Narrows.
Arent' these girls cute? We love the shuttle bus.
This was the nice "park ranger" who welcomed us with lots of important information about trail conditions and wildlife viewing. Cami is hilarious. You had to be there.
Everything was going really well until the fateful moment when Jonah nose dived out the front of the stroller and caught himself with his forehead. That was not a happy moment, for any of us. Poor little guy.

He fell asleep pretty quick, and Mommy carried him the rest of the way; made possible thanks to a super sweet sling that Bill crafted out of his T-Shirt and a strap off the backpack. This guy is an engineer if I ever met one. Wish I had a photo of it:(
Luckily Emmy was not affected by the incident and was as willing as ever to pose for some great 3-year-old shots.
All in all it was a great hike! Minus the crash, of course. Back to the shuttle, and spirits were high.
When we got back, we were all too beat to cook so we drove into town and ate out. It was DElish. And lovely to not have to clean up:)
Later on Caleb wowed us with his photographic creativity.
All in all, Day Three was great! Of course! We were in Zion, how could it not have been?
1 comment:
Poor little Jonah. His head looked like it really hurt. It was a good though that his accident didn't bother Emmy at all, that would've been really bad! ;-)
I think that Cami should probably go down there and live on the buses so that she can do all the talking. She does a much better job than those silly drivers.
That Hidden Canyon hike is pretty darn cool and a bit hairy at points (unlike Caleb's chest)
Ha! I crack myself up...
Post a Comment