Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Afternoon in our yard

When it hits 80 degrees out, it's time to bust out the whale pool! Emmy's been in it almost constantly, but Jonah needed to warm up to it a little. Especially since everytime he got close Emmy would "help him cool off."
He decided to test it out when Emmy ran inside for something. He found it was to his liking.
He eventually decided that it would be alright to get in, but he couldn't stand up! Even with me holding his hands, on the slick pool floor his feet were flying all over! Emmy grabbed the camera and snapped this shot.
Are you seeing improvements in her photography? I am. He eventually was able to stand up. (kinda. He also fell completely in).
This is the part of the day where I stopped mocking the weather men for saying it was going to rain today. Those dark clouds came rolling right up over the mountains in a matter of minutes. 
Then I looked straight up. Those clouds meant business.
Then the breeze upped a notch. Emmy liked it.
Even Jonah's fuzz started blowing!
Then it really started blowing. I mean really. We (I) grabbed all the toys that were whirling around the yard, threw them in the front door, and we spent the next half hour on the porch watching the rain come in. Until Jonah fell asleep, then Emmy had it all to herself.   

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

It's a beautiful story, Jayne. Thanks!

Unknown said...

One of my favorite posts ever! looks like Emmy is a wind girl like her Aunt, i love the wind. The pic of Jonah leaning over the side of the pool is so cute. Love you midgets!

Amanda said...

I am super impressed with Emmy's ability to take a wonderful picture. Expensive cameras here you come!