Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mount Timpanogos

Forgive me for beginning this way, but is there anywhere better in the world to eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, than way up on a mountain side? I mean, really?
They just taste so much better up there. And once I'm up there, that's all I want too. Give me a long trail with a smooshed PBJ at the end, and call me happy.
Saturday morning my perfect sister Kate came to hang with the kids and Caleb and I headed up Mount Timpanogos. Actually, Caleb called Katie and asked her if she'd go on the hike with him, and she suggested that she could watch the kids so that I could go. That's why I said she's perfect. Who else thinks so selflessly? I know she was sad to not go on the hike too. I can't even begin to add up how much I owe her.
The wildflowers were AMAzing. I'm sparing you the 100 photos we took of them.
This is on the way down, actually. We crossed this scree field (I think that's what Caleb called it?).
This is us refilling the water supply, with Caleb's handy-dandy purifier. That water was SO good. Seriously cold, since it was melting out of the snowfield right above us.
No matter where we're hiking, this boy manages to get wet on the way down. Doesn't he look like Jonah in this picture?
Caleb and I hadn't been hiking just the two of us since... well probably since Emmy was born. We were both a little giddy to be out there together. All thanks to Kate.
If anyone else wants to watch my kids while I go play in the mountains with my hubby, I promise I will praise your name on my blog too! Any takers?

3 comments:

Diana said...

Oooh, me, me!!! Once we move out to Utah (one of these days) we can have a baby-sitting co-op. My parents did that with us when we were kids and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, that sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Remember our fun hiking days? Those were crazy! Me and Cortney went up to Lewis Peak the other day and I was reminded of when we took the sign out of the ground just to get a prettier picture. Good times! We need to hang out soon!

Unknown said...

Well as much as i love to have my name praised on you blog i must say that it is a joy to be with your munchkins. I love them so much! I'm glad that you and Caleb had a nice time and please know that i will do it again anytime! Love you!

And i'm with you 100% on the PB&J thing.