Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Peachy!

"Oh what a beautiful moooooo-rrrrrning....!"
Right after a quick breakfast we ran the sprinkler gauntlet and headed up the hill to Pete's garden.
We love raiding his garden. Today we were after these beauties! They have 2 peach trees that produce like you wouldn't believe. I picked 100 pounds of peaches for them on Friday, and another 80 pounds for us.
Today we were out there picking more just for the heck of it.
These kids are troopers! Emmy had her red Lightning McQueen stool out there, picking like crazy!
They ate a lot too. She's giving him a bite, but I missed the cute angle. Doncha hate that?
This is a fraction of what we picked. There's more boxes on the floor.
So far I've done Jam, Frozen chunks for smoothies, and frozen quart bags of pre-mushed to make into jam when I have time. (When is that?)
Caleb's going to have to take the week off at work if we're going to have any hope of finishing all this.
(And don't you love my kitchen decor? I have a resident artist.)

4 comments:

Camille said...

Someday when i'm wealthy (and married) i'll be able to afford producing a resident artist, hahaha! That's awesome. And... the peaches are like lil dudes. Cool beans.

Bethanie said...

I'm drooling!

renee' said...

Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering! Those peaches look GREAT! Don't you wish you could preserve their freshness somehow without having to go to all the work. I just love them right off the tree. I was tempted to pick one off my mom's neighbors tree the other day, but the whole honesty thing won out!

Diana said...

Just a thought- martha stewart did a segment about "hand pies" (almost like a turnover or a poptart) with a similar filling. Not that you have time, but it's the thought that counts...