Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good bye, Suzy!

The kids and I drove down to Provo this morning, and met my parents and my 'little' brother CJ here for some lunch.
I'm sure it's a really delicious place to eat, but in my current state of nausea I had a difficult time enjoying it:( But you couldn't beat the company! Isn't he handsome? That little guy that used to pee all over Mom every time she changed his diaper. I remember, I was there. Now he's huge. And gone for Italy!
What? How old does that make me? I was 4 when he was born, and I was at Grandma Gwen's. My Dad called to tell us. I remember it clearly. He he, isn't this a great shot? We parked across the street from the MTC, to avoid the mobs of nervous ties and shiney shoes, and took pictures and said our good-bye's here by the temple. Then Mom and Dad drove over and dropped him at the curb! One last minute phone call from the Big Brother in California. So sad that Mac had to miss this day:(
I can't believe he's all grown up and manly and all. This is the kid whose best friend was a ghost named Gago all growing up! Knuckles for Emmy!
My kids love this kid. So do I. I can't explain to him how much it means to me for him to be serving a mission now, since Emmy is old enough to understand what he's doing. She thinks it's so cool. The Lord's time table is different for all of us. CJ has a lot of work ahead of him, and those Italians are SO lucky!

3 comments:

Momma Monkey said...

CJ's on a mission! I feel old with you ;)

Anonymous said...

Jayne, congrats on the baby!
Thank you for having an amazing little brother! Those 2 1/2 weeks talking to him strenthened my testimony so so so much! He's amazing! You're family is just fantastic, oh and I told my family about the sour cream on the waffles!
Thank you again!!
Kirsten

Gr. Nette said...

I love him too.....definitely one of the greatest fruits on our family tree.