Emmy's writing Santa her Christmas wish list before Thanksgiving with her Halloween jammies on:)
Honestly, I'm a little baffled by the Santa thing. I don't remember ever fully believing in him, but I remember that it was fun to play along! Because come on, isn't it obvious that those gifts are from Mom and Dad?
Emmy the other day even said to me "Mom, Santa's just pretend huh" so I said yeah, and told her the story of St. Nicholas and she loved it and is playing along with the Santa thing great.
I think it was the coming down the chimney part that did her in.
Anyways, here's her list. She dictated it to me. Isn't it great? All she really wants is One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish! I had to convince her that she could ask for more things that that.
I'm interested to see how the lists will change as she gets older.
5 comments:
That is so cute! She is such a sweetie. I love the whole Santa thing if it's taught correctly. And sorry but i believed in him until i was 5 or 6 i think, guess it wasn't so obvious that the gifts were from mom and dad :-)
Love you Emmy!!! Get ready for some books for Christmas!
My mom played us for quite some time on the Santa thing. And I think she accomplished that by not wrapping our Santa gifts, they were always just set out for us when we woke up. I think it's fun to believe in Santa, the whole season is so magical.
Santa's not real? :( I'm so bummed! Ha! This was cute!
I love the kids who don't ask for anything - Jana, for years, would tell the mall Santa "I just want to be with my family for Christmas. And maybe a surprise." (That's harder to accomodate when you're 14 - the only thing that would surprise her now is if I let her have a phone. Not likely!)
Post a Comment