Thursday, November 05, 2009

I HAD A NIGHT OFF!!

What? Jayne left the house? Is that legal?

My SIL Kate and I went out on the town last night, and it was SO great! The reason for such an outing was huge - we're talking LIFE CHANGING. Okay, not really, but Pioneer Woman came to our little Salt Lake City for a book signing of her New Cookbook!

And it's fabulous. I pre-ordered it for Kate last spring for her Birthday. So when we heard she was comin' to town, we planned a trip. Little did we know what was in store for us.

This is a small portion of the crowd that awaited us. We're talking thousands. It started at 7:00pm, and people had been lining up since 2:00! Apparently all of us Utah women love her! She represents good Stay-at-home-Mothering, Honesty, Hard Work... things we can wrap our heads around.

This is my Paparazzi shot of the back of her head as she walked by. Isn't it amazing?! I know! I'm thinking about switching careers.
Raising the flash may have helped. What are you gonna do?

Kate and I were about 500th in line. I'm not kidding.

So we twiddled out thumbs for a while and laughed at the comic situation we had put ourselves into and enjoyed the relatively warm night air.
Then we found Kate's friend!! And she was in the front of the line! So we handed over the book to her and headed home:) Pioneer Woman is great, but waiting until Midnight to meet her was seeming a little silly.

But they made it in! Here's their photo with her. Look! There's Kate's book! Woo Hoo!!
Mission accomplished:)

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'm glad you had fun, you nuts.

Diana said...

I went out the two nights this week (baby shower and then GNO). It was so weird to be out after dark. Then last night I was home and just wanted to snuggle my boys I missed them so much. Luckily, Luke didn't seem to be traumatized by me letting Mac put him to sleep.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for my book Jayne!! I'm very excited to read it. And it really was a crazy funny night. I can;t believe all the people there! Thanks so much for the fun :-)

Bethanie said...

Maybe you should have just skipped the line and dined at Fresco instead. One of my favorite SLC restaurants of all time!

P.S. I love PW.