My Mom, Two Sisters, Three Cousins and I went to the zoo yesterday! We tend to do things spur-of-the-moment.
Baby number one: A Colobus Monkey! Is this not the sweetest Mommy-baby moment? I could so relate with this Mommy. That's how I like to sleep with my babies too:)
But then there was this baby. I could have watched her all day - she totally stole my heart! This tiny little elephant was such a kid! She was buggin' her Mom, rolling in the mud, and trying to balance up on the big balls, just acting like a kid. She was SO CUTE!
She came right over and was staring at us through the fence, all propped up on her ball. She was crackin' us up so bad. She looks exactly like a full grown elephant with all the wrinkles and baggy skin, but she's little!
And then there was this little number. As if I wasn't already enamored by the baby elephant, they had to throw this little guy in there. New little baby Giraffe. He wasn't as playful as the elephant was, but very beautiful. He was just looking at his Mom mostly.
Jonah wasn't enthralled with Giraffe's yet the last time we were at the Zoo, in the spring. When he saw them his little jaw dropped and his eyes got huge and he said "Mom! Giraffe! Woah!" and after watching them for a while he said "Mom! Up up up up Trees!" trying to describe how tall they are. Then he kept saying "Baby giraffe, baby giraffe" the rest of the day.
He loves his little Giraffey.
Here we have the hard working Daddy Tiger. He wasn't about to put on a show today - his THREE cubs apparently wore him out. This is remarkably similar to how Caleb looks after the nightly romping:)
We only got a little glimpse of the triplet tiger cubs, and the pictures were bad. You'll just have to go see them yourself I guess.
There were even a few expecting Mothers there!
Oh yeah, I should probably put some photos of my OWN babies on here:) It's possible that these turtles were the cutest animals of the day.
These statues are for climbing on, right?
And here's Mom, encouraging the kids to soak themselves in the fountain. Sound like my Mom? Lainey (after soaking her clothes) eventually did a head dunk, and Jonah managed to escape with only a wet front.
These cousins love their Grandma JoJo, there's no question about it. How could you not?
If the chance to visit Hogle Zoo comes your way, I'd recommend it. The babies are really something to see right now!
4 comments:
So I just came home from a baby shower, a little baby hungry. Like peckish-hungry. Then I get on the computer and see your post- now I'm really baby hungry. Like famished-hungry. So stinking CUTE.
Oh, and did you know that the more intelligent a species is, the more it plays? That's why the Christensens like to play so much. We's some smart people.
Oh, and we totally have the shirt Jonah is wearing for Luke. Boys + Stripes = Irresistable.
I can't wait to see you guys. How many weeks again? 6 is too many.
That last pic of mom, Lainey, and Jonah is awesome. So Tute! I'm going with you guys next time fo sho. (Or if you're too fat i'll just bring your kiddies :D)
Best day ever!
It really was a way fun day and the elephants, being my favorite animals, stole the show. They were so cute! And the kids playing in the fountain at the end was so funny! When it was just the three of them playing out there and we all sat on the benches, people were giving them the weirdest looks, it was so awesome
Post a Comment