Maybe it's the being pregnant thing, but I was in desperate need of a return to my pre-holiday life. We got home from my Mom's the day after Christmas and the tree was the first thing to go. Un-decorating is always easier, and it was out the door in no time - leaving a trail of dry pine needles in it's wake:) Then the couch made it's way back to the living room from the kid's bedroom, and the new toys made their way to the kid's bedroom, and all the junk food I ate made it's way to my waist line.
I honestly love Christmas more than I can describe. This was an exceptionally great year in that we got to spend time with every single parent and sibling on both sides, which hasn't happened in a while.
It's going to take me a while to post all the photo's, so we'll just start with these beauties:
Playing outside Christmas afternoon
Apparently the drama doesn't end with school, work, and boys when it comes to these two.
I promise Jonah was enjoying himself. You'll just have to take my word on that one.
Although playing the part of the homeless was more to his liking.
This is what Lainey thinks of the snow.
Plus his boot fell off. Nobody loves that.
Emmy was in her own world doing something... not sure what...
And even though the sun went down (hence the darkish photos - sorry about that) these guys kept right on going. Caleb has decided that even though he loves snowboarding, cross country skiing, and all that stuff - his passion just might be sledding. He's always the first one out and the last one in.
I'm so glad that our love of the winter outdoors has transferred smoothly to our kids. It's the only way to survive before we can start growing things again!
2 comments:
Taking down the tree was the first thing we did when we got home too! One of us would bring in bags from the car while the other one packaged up ornaments, lights, and folded down the tree. It was a very symbolic gesture- I was so ready to be done with the holidays.
Emmy's snow suit rocks!
Post a Comment