Like my SIL said on her blog (the Pookie one), the Christmas tree is always an ordeal. I ended up having to change the furniture arrangements in every single room in my house, just to fit it in! We're getting very snuggy in our little house:)
We have a little tradition that when Mom and Dad (that's me and Caleb) go out to dinner for my birthday on the 4th, we come home with a tree! It works out very nicely, keeping the kids out of the cold and plus it's the only way I'd ever convince Caleb to get a tree "So Early". I like to throw around that "It's my birthday!" as much as possible. (For a great 'tribute' check out Cami's blog. If you're brave)





This photo could have been really cute if I wasn't so worn out from all that sitting on the couch snapping pictures!
It usually makes it's way inside the next morning. This year's removing-the-lower-branches-instrument happened to be a machete.
We went with Home Depot as our tree lot of choice. We supported the Local Guy last year here in town, and ended up paying more than double than we paid for this baby. I have mixed feelings about that. But at HD they cut off the bottom few inches of trunk for you, wrap it up nicely and load it on your car for you. How can you beat that?
These two got right on 'fixing' the tree stand.
After some slight complications with the trunk being too small for the bolts to reach fixed by some wood blocking and rocks in the bottom... we were set! Off came the net!
You're all probably wondering what I was doing through all of this. And you probably guessed right: Not much.
Until it's time for the ornaments! Caleb has always moved on to new projects by now and the kids and I take over. This is Emmy's "I'm 3. Don't ask me to say cheese" smile. It's been showing up a lot lately.
1 comment:
These are the Kepsels. And they are great. Smile.
Post a Comment