Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I'm so clever.

You are all about to be amazed!
I've invented a new way of testing Smoke Detectors! Instead of going through the trouble of 1)remembering to check the batteries and 2)actually checking the batteries, I've exercised my recently overpowering brain capacity and come up with this:
Burn Dinner Regularly!
Sorry about the sarcasm. This is starting to be a little joke in our family.
"Ahhg! What's Stinky, Dad?!"
"Oh don't worry. It's just Mom making dinner." So here's where I need you. I take that back. I always need you.
This is one example of how badly I need you.
These two lovely wonderful well serving pans have been charred, and there's no cure in sight! Does anyone know how to remove burned food from the bottom of Stainless Steel Pans?! They've been soaking on my counter for.... this is the truth.... 5 days. What was going to be a delicious dinner is just as rock solid as ever on the bottom of my beautiful pans.
Any ideas?

8 comments:

Diana said...

I think you might want to start your own "cleverness" blog where you post household tips! Oh, I know, we could do it together- I'll do the craftastrofies and you do the food section... OK, sarcasm over. I wish I knew what to tell you about the pans- I think the last time that happened to me I threw away the pan (it was super, super old and gross anyway).

Camille said...

Hey, this is like when we were at Klopefers and the grown ups went out and left rice on the stove and I had no idea. Then they almost made us evacuate the whole apartment. building. It was awesome.

Amanda said...

I think you should use steel wool with an abrasive cleaner add salt to soap for instance.. zach says sand and soap should work. You can't let the pan soak until the water is cold either it's the hot that helps. Good luck!
Remember, it is Christmas. Asking for new pans is completely acceptable as a problem solver in this situation. :)

Sue said...

Oh,Jane. This is sad!
Throw them away!!! Now!!! Quick!!! Go to Ross or TJ Maxx to get new ones at a great price.
Do not waste your time trying to clean them. It won't work. They will never be the same!
Love.

renee' said...

Wow, impressive. I am sorry to say that I have been in your position before and I soaked my pan with water in it and (this may sound weird, it worked for me) fabric softener sheets! I don't remember how long I soaked it, but then I scrubbed it with a metal scouring pad and it came off.

Becca said...

My dad boils water and dish soap for a few minutes (a little water, a lot of soap, but, hey - don't leave the stove, ok?) and then scrubs with one of those sponges that's green and scratchy on one side and yellow on the other when the water cools a bit. Then throw the sponge away, because yuck.

Anonymous said...

Hey Caleb - Jayne needs new pans for Christmas - again! :)he,he,he!!

Bethanie said...

I was going to say I don't have any advice because I've never done that, but apparently, from Cami's post, I have!

A metal scrubber pad should work.

By the way, what was dinner supposed to be?