I know I've been over doing it with the winter photos lately, but what else do I have to show you? Do you really want to see the photos of us laying around in our pajamas and crazy hair? Because that's the majority of our other activities.
I'll spare you. For now.
The lamp post in front of my Mom's house reminds me of Narnia every time I see it. I can't help but watch for Mr. Tumnus and his basket.
Snow removal is serious business when you live in the Northern Utah boonies way up on the mountain side with a dirt driveway that is a half mile long.
OKAY FINE. You asked for it:
This photo, for example. Emmy dressed herself today, and seemed to think that Jonah's pants were better than her own. The princess shoes with socks really completed the outfit, I thought.
And Jonah in his jammies trying to decide which game to play.
Caleb can turn the calmest mildest activity into an adventure.
This face perfectly describes the happiness we were both feeling at being outside. And it's not that the kids are exhausting or anything, but being just the two of us for a few hours was bliss.


Needless to say, the outside photos are going to be plentiful around here for a while. Here, I'll give you a LIVE shot out my window right this very moment:
What did I tell you? This is what we do! I can't tell you how great it is to have kids who love the snow. The money spent on snow gear is SO worth it. They stay snuggy and dry whilst rolling all around out there - it's awesome. I think that's what makes-or-breaks it for kids.
Okay back to my Mom's: Cami and Emmy (well, you know, kinda Emmy) dug a wicked rad cave in the snow bank. I asked her how big it was inside and she said they were running around playing tag in there - so take that how you will:)
This is the first "room" and it keeps going to the right there into another "room". The chillin's loved it.
Back in Heber there's always plowing the driveway with Dad. Emmy lives for this. She begs the clouds to snow so she can help Dad plow the road.
This photo is on the verge of making me emotional.
But then again, what isn't?
Then yesterday afternoon Lala came to play with the kids, and Caleb and I sneaked off to Wasatch Mountain State Park for some snowshoeing. It was incredible - for lack of a better word.

He he, this was a cute little pose on top of the snow bank, but before Caleb could get the photo my feet slipped out from under me and down the hill I went on my rump. I'm pretty graceful these days:)
And how can you play in 4 feet of fresh snow without doing a front flip into it?
Nice photos Jayne!
Why thank you!
Happiness rules around here. Thank you for a lovely afternoon, Karla!
4 comments:
I love these pictures. I really do, and I'm glad you enjoy your large amounts of snow. For me, shoveling is not my favorite activity, but its fine, I love watching it from inside while reading a book and relaxing on a Saturday in a clean house, laundry done and put away. Needless to say, not a common event at my house, its really nice.
those last couple made my heart rejoyce.
wow, those pictures of you snowshoeing really reminded me of our amazing cross country skiing we did that one winter... good times
Jayne,
Your kids are cute weather their wearing jammies or what ever. And I personally love morning hair. It gives a person so much character! Your kids are so beautiful! And your snow shoeing pictures give me more motivation to pull out mine. Thanks. Britney
Post a Comment