Caleb's gone to Green River until... we're hoping he'll be home by Thursday. Serious Hope.
It's a strange thing to be without him, since it doesn't happen hardly ever. He and I are a lot like Oreo's and Milk: Pretty useless with out each other.
These next few posts will document life in our home without our Dad.
This photo really doesn't have anything to do with anything, I just found it in a old file and thought I'd throw it on here for kicks. Made me smile:)








Emmy was grinning through the whole thing and Jonah kept saying "Woah, Mommy! See it?"
This incredibly flattering photo is us at 6:30 this morning just before he left. He made us our daily breakfast smoothies and was out the door. When I say daily I mean it. Every morning, there's a shake waiting for each of us. Mine is usually delivered to my bed since that's usually where I am at 6:30. How did I find this man, you ask? I was very lucky.
Family night was definitely not the same. Great still, but not the same. Here's the kids leading the songs - which they insist on doing from atop their stools.
The flannel board is another thing that they insist on. No matter what the lesson is on, there's always a flannel board story going along with it.
Tonight Emmy told the story of Ammon. We did this story last week as well, but she wanted to do it all by herself tonight.
And here we have the unfortunate de-armed Lamanites fleeing the scene of the crime.
Last week this lesson ended with major arm-removing-attacks on their Dad.
When I volunteered my arms for removal Emmy replied "You can't, you're belly's too big."
How do you argue with that?
Here's another example of Family night with Dad: He did the lesson a few weeks ago on Nephi building the ship to cross to the promised land, and he taught the kids how to make paper boats. Which Emmy decided to fill with Disney Princess Dolls. They made for some lovely Nephites, I tell you what! Or Lehites. What ever they were then.
Back to tonight:
We had Dark Chocolate for the treat. What did you expect?
Not sure why Em's glaring. Tired of saying "cheese" probably.
A quick bath, then Popcorn Time! Emmy was sitting right in front of the warm air, and wouldn't move even though it was drying out her eyes.
Is there anything better than home made popcorn? I mean really? *sigh*
Then we watched this:

It was SO good!! I had every intention of folding laundry while they watched it, but I couldn't leave. There were no words in it, just like the book, and it was 27 minutes of perfection. In my humble opinion. Talk about a magical story.
Any ways. If beautiful music along with delicious animation is your thing, this is highly recommended.
They're both conked out in their beds now, and I think I'll be doing that soon. Instead of folding the laundry:)
4 comments:
Miss you family! Love you.
Daddy
Man, those are some awesome FHE's. IF (and that's a pretty big if) we remember it's monday, I bust out a gospel picture, tell a one minute story, and that's about it. Someday I'll do good FHE's (maybe).
Oh, and my dad cries nearly every time he watches the snowman.
Don't you hate when the husband is gone! Eric is gone just today but that is enough to make me empathize with you. If Reese and I didn't have colds I'd be calling you to come hang out, and help the time pass for us both.
Oh, and nice work holding such awesome FHE's. I need to make ours more fun!
Who needs folded laundry? Love your sweet little family.
Post a Comment