Never in my 26 years of experience have I craved spring like I do right now. NormallyI'm a winter girl! Bring on the snow! Oh how I love 10 degrees! I'm not kidding, this is usually me. What is it about this year? The reasons could be
1. I've seen much more mud and brown grass than actual snow.
2. I'm really too big now to safely ski.
3. I must be having a girl because my hormonal emotions are riding a loop-de-loop roller coaster.
What ever I choose to blame it on, I am craving the green.
I love love love freezing temperatures, mountains of snow, getting stuck in my car and having to dig out, all of that is a wonderful adventure to me! But this year with it's abnormal warmth and lack of snow fall, my inner seasonal loves are baffled.
Instead of the usual "Oh no! Winter's almost over!" it's the "When can I start planting?"
Sorry to sound whiny, I do love winter still. Even this one.
The little guys are growing really slowly though, and I think it may be that the window they're sitting in is a little drafty and they're chilled. Poor little plants:(
We planted one right before bed one night, and I told Emmy we would plant the other one the next day. So she did. While I was asleep with Jonah. There it was, sitting on the counter when I got up, and she explained that she had done it herself. So I laughed real hard and set it up with the other one, and wouldn't you know it: It's growing just as well as the other one! Guess she knows what she's doing!
And then there's this. This is growing in my living room, and the joy it gives me is ridiculous.
My visiting teacher gave me this when I was pregnant with Emmy and it was so little it only had three leaves! And look at it! It's still alive!
This is only the second time it's ever bloomed. The last time was when I was pregnant with Jonah, and I had a horrific sinus infection. I laid on the couch for 3 weeks and watched the blooms grow and blossom. I was so terribly sick, and I honestly fell so in love with these flowers it was weird. I felt like I had lost a dear friend each time one withered! It was like they were cheering me on, willing me to get well again, showing me that life is still beautiful even when you feel like death.
So I'm a little odd. Who isn't?
I just hope it doesn't wait until I'm expecting kid #4 before it blooms again, 'cause that'd just be creepy.
So for now, as long as the thermometer stays below 50, my desires for spring are being tamed by my indoor plants, and I am loving them up.
3 comments:
I know how your feeling! I bought forget me nots to plant next to all the marigolds in this yard and I can't wait to see their little blue pedals against the back wash of Orange and yellow. I'm craving growth. And our little gift to Emmy is going to get mailed this week, sorry its taking so long. Can you text me your address please?
Open a window. Can you hear that? It sounds like dripping. I love dripping. Oh, I really do.
So, your story about the withering blooms reminded me of the church movie, "The Last Leaf". Have you seen it? Ha ha! P.S. I miss you! We need to come visit you sometime. Really. I mean really. And, thanks again for selling me the Subaru. You're the bestest!
Post a Comment