Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kid's room upgrade

It's project time at my house.
The kid's room was driving me a little crazy, and their books were taking over the world.
See what I mean? It just wasn't doin' it for me. 'Cleaning-up' meant push everything into the closet or against the walls.
Which can only mean one thing:
Time for a trip to Ikea! I recruited my MIL, sent Emmy to the neighbor's and we were off. Caleb loves it when I go there:) Jonah loves it even more! Gives them an excuse to use their tools.
I got another bookshelf like the one in my living room, only smaller. Does this come naturally to all boys? He knows exactly what to do with each tool - cracks me up! Caleb really makes him feel like he's helping too, it's the cutest thing ever for a Mommy to watch. And here's my girl! Is she trying to hammer with the end of a screwdriver?! Oh yes!
Emphasis on my girl. And the finished product! It scared me to think that I had considered just getting the 2X4 bookshelf instead of the 4X4 - cause it filled up really quick! I think we're going to end up with a killer yard sale this spring.
I still need to finish arranging the rest of the room, redo the wall decor, decide what's staying and what's going, fun stuff like that.
I think I must be Pre-Nesting.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Books: Easy to acquire, hard to part with.

Mac and I go through the same thing with our books. We have the hardest time deciding which ones have to go. You'd think I was giving up a child.

Someday I want all the walls in my house to have built in bookshelves so I never have to make a choice about which one goes again. OK, maybe not ALL the walls, but I do need a lot of bookshelves.

Diana said...

P.S. I've never seen Luke so interested in a post. He likes your Pat the Bunny bunny on top of the bookshelf. ("Ba" + pointing is how I know this).

Camille said...

I love that you're listening to US3!! Goooood song!

Amanda said...

That room needs some boy things. But my goodness that's a great book shelf!

Andrea said...

I love that bookshelf, I have one of my own in one of my extra rooms. Pretty sad that I don't have kids and I already need one of those... Looks like your pre-nesting is working well. :)