Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Match made in heaven

I'm referring to Kids and Dirt. The attraction is a strong one. I don't think it's just my kids either, although I've been wrong before. There's a chance that they might have inherited the love a little bit from their Mom, who was down smelling the dirt just moments before snapping photos.
I dare say I most likely inherited it from my Mom too.
Those of you who have been hanging around this site for a while may remember this photo from last spring. Oh that dear little chubby girl:)
And here was yesterday! She now has a dirt-loving partner to share her corner of the garden with, and he's more than happy to oblige. This is the spot where we've planted pumpkins for the last few years, so in the springtime it's always bare of anything else (like the over-achiever snap dragons that are already showing their beautiful little green shoots).
So they stir it up and aerate it real nice for me and get it all ready for the planting that won't take place for another... 7 weeks. The same time Baby Three will be arriving! Oh, and the poor little worms. They tend to get cuddled, carried around, and loved a little too much in my yard.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Mmmmmm. Dirt and sunshine. Yea!!

Nakita Ellis said...

Definitely a match made in heaven. Reese and I were also out in the dirt today. Bless this warm weather!!!

JoAnn said...

I'm going to go push some sloppy slush-mud around today, just so I'll feel better!