Monday, April 05, 2010

Catch up

A week since I last posted? Really?
Well maybe that's good, because I have a lot of photos to share and words to blab.
Thursday afternoon, after helping Pete get the tub and shower into the basement (woo hoo!) we headed north to the land of the Christensen's. Friday morning we decorated eggs! Emmy has been dying (very punny, Jayne) to do this for weeks. Each of the 5 dozen eggs that my crazy Mom boiled got dipped at least 4 times. They were at it for hours. Lainey takes her work very seriously. The multi-colored hands to match her multi-colored eggs was a very nice touch! I'm not sure who's idea it was to pull out the aprons, but I was grateful! This was Jonah's first time. It was adorable of course:) It was pretty much the most amazing thing he'd seen all day. And then, for some fantastic unknown reason, Tess treated me to a pedicure. Her hubby bought her a fancy set for Christmas and she's just been dying to use it on me:) I could not help feeling a little monkeyish as she was cleaning my toes and Lainey was digging through her hair... but I let the thoughts pass. It seems like every time these cousins are together things go a little bit smoother. Maybe they're just getting fractionally more mature each time, but they're certainly getting along much better than 6 months ago.
Aren't they sweet in a still photograph?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The answer to your last question is Yes. :)

Diana said...

I missed you guys!

Mac said...

Yay for Henry and Mudge!