Part of me is ashamed to admit it, but I am so glad that the next child to join our family is a girl.

Let me explain.
I'm not ready to love another little boy.
Ask any one who knows us at all, and they'll tell you: This kid loves me. His time away from me is painful for him. He can't survive a whole night of sleep without me coming in to give him a squeeze half way through.
Drop him at the neighbor's so I can run errands? Not a chance.
My friend's adorable daughter as a sitter for the evening? No way.
Mommy free time? What's that?

And for this incredible attachment, some people pity me.
But what they don't know, is that I'm attached right back.
My time away from him is painful.

But teach me he has, and I've enjoyed the ride.
Something about how he's perfectly content to just lay by me on his bed and stare at me and chat and slowly trace my face with his little fingers.
Gets me every time.

And soon he'll learn how to share me with his little Sister.
I hope.

4 comments:
Oh Jonah, you're two! That's so big. I wish we could see you more because I know Luke would LOVE to play with you. What fun you'd have.
Girl-Boy-Girl for you. I'm seeing a pattern here. For Tess it's Girl-Boy. Who knows, maybe in a few months I'll be saying we've got a Boy-Girl pattern going on. Isn't it fun?
My heart is full-up with you and your boy. This is a beautiful post, and I hope he'll look at it millions of times. XO
I can relate. Same stories, all around with the attached little boy. Mine also likes to trace my face whilst we "lay next to you" on his bed. It took him a while, but he finally came around to the sharing mom idea. He loves his little brother, and we can't go anywhere without Logan's "teeny."
Awe Jayne, that was presh :) Love you Jonah! Happy birthday little boy!
Post a Comment