Monday, April 19, 2010

We Heart Springtime

After my 38 week checkup last Friday, we headed to the park to fly some kites!
Have you ever been in wind that was a little too windy for kites? That was our wind. But it was still fun - go figure! Mostly the kids just got a kick out of the kites that seemed to have it in for Caleb. I lost count at how many times he got pegged! Jonah's .99cent kite Emmy got him for his birthday flew the best! Then Caleb and Cami headed out to do some climbing, and we headed back to the valley for a less-windy park experience in Eden. There was much happiness. And Emmy kept freaking me out with her 'tricks.'
Now brace yourselves for what happened that evening. See those hands? Those sewing hands? They're mine. I'm making a blessing dress.
Raise your gaping jaw, take a deep breath, and pray for me.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Isn't that always the way that the cheapest kite flies the best?

I love your sewing face and I must see what the blessing dress looks like...

Amanda said...

I love your sewing hands. And your family, miss you guys.

Camille said...

It would take a crane to raise my gaping jaw... It is like.. WAY down there. Nice job, Jim.

hailee said...

good job thats a big project...i sew but......i havent made a dress yet thats scary

JoAnn said...

Thanks for preserving the memories, Jayne!